VPN 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) Setup
Nashville State is implementing the use of two-factor authentication (2FA) to strengthen security for remote access to the campus network via NetExtender. A TOTP compatible authenticator app is required; NSCC supports Microsoft Authenticator.
- Choose “Other account”
- Follow any prompts to give Microsoft Authenticator permission to use the device camera
- Your device is now ready to scan the QR code obtained in the next steps
- Enter your username and password
Note: The UserID is your legacy computer login (typically lastname_firstInitial i.e. doe_j). You can find your legacy computer login on your myNSCC dashboard under “Employee Computer Login”.
- Click “Login”
- A QR code to setup an authenticator app is displayed
Note: NSCC recommends and only supports the Microsoft Authenticator app
- Scan the QR code with your authenticator app
- Your VPN account now appears in the list
- Tap on the account to reveal the OTP (one time passcode)
- Enter the six digit code into the “Code” field in the Mobile App Binding dialog box on the VPN website from steps 6 & 7
- Click “VERIFY”
- Your VPN account is now setup for two-factor authentication